Shabby Miss Jenn

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Materfamilias

I'm a lot like my mom. I'm glad of that usually, but it has come out recently in an unexpected way since I've had a kid--I'm talking like her, and I don't just mean the classic "You are driving me up the wall!" -type comments. My mom had a lot of little phrases and names, and I've been thinking of them lately since I caught myself calling my daughter a "poky little puppy." Here are my recent mom-isms:
1. la-zee or la-zee may (I have no idea how that might be spelled)
2. honest to pete
3. criminy
4. sweet pea
5. home again home again, jiggety jog
6. bedtime for bonzo

1 comments:

Kalani said...

These are my momisms. "Dead meat city!" "Honyak". Here's a Dadism, "Go make do-do" every time one of my girls is complaining of a tummy ache. "Where's the changer?" is another dadism. I've also found myself clicking my tongue when I'm disgusted with one of my kids or my husband. I've just realized I'm more like my father than I am my mother.